The new generation of Alfa Network Wifi CampPro
This is a special kit shipping in one retail box that features all of the equipment as shown on the product image designed to pick up a weak Wi-Fi signal and repeat it as your own personal hotspot. This is ideal for use on boats, RVs and campers, or larger properties.
- The world’s best solution for sharing a Wifi Internet Hotspot
- User Friendly – Mobile friendly web page supports QR code scanning for easy setup so you can enjoy Internet access in minutes
- Vehicle Surge Protection – Special design to prevent accidental damage from vehicle spikes during ignition
Included in the box:
– Alfa R36A USB router
– 5 dBi RP-SMA antenna (for R36 signal transmit)
– Tube-U(N) USB receiver + 8m (26 ft) USB cable
– AOA-2409TF 9 dBi omni antenna (for receiving signal)
– 12V power supply for R36
– Tube-U(N) needs no power supply, draws power from the R36 via USB cable
– waterproof tape and wire ties for mounting Tube to pole
– R36 car/vehicle power supply adapter
How it works
Use all three of these components above together to boost and share a Wi-Fi signal. Simply connect your computer to the R36A via ethernet cable for a one-time configuration and setup. Connect the AOA-2409TF antenna to the Tube-U(N) receiver and then connect the Tube-U(N) to the USB port on the R36A. Use the Wi-Fi scanning software built-into the R36A that you will see during the setup wizard, so you can scan for and connect to available wireless networks in your area. Once the R36A has connected to a network, you will be prompted to name and password protect your own new local Wi-Fi network, offering any device within a few hundred feet the ability to use the same distant Wi-Fi signal.
There is no specific range that can be computed as range can vary greatly based on environment and environmental factors like obstacles and interference. We recommend using this in an area where other devices can at least get a weak signal to the desired network, such as one bar. If the environment is such that your devices cannot even see the desired network form the place of intended use, the Camp Pro may not work well there.